Do something amazing today – Give Blood!
There are currently low fill rates of blood donations at the Leicester Donor Centre. Do something amazing. Support your NHS by giving blood! Twitter: @GiveBloodNHS; Facebook: givebloodnhs; Visit www.blood.co.uk for more.
March For Life UK – London, 2021
The March for Life will hold in London on Saturday 4th September 2021. This is an actual, in-person event that will inspire, educate and motivate our nation to value all life from the moment of conception.
- The Morning: #LifeFest21 10.00 – 13.00 in the Emmanuel Centre, Marsham St, London, SW1P 3D – Pro-Life organisations from around the UK showcasing their work, inspiring speakers, moving testimonies, live music, pro-life merchandise, pro-life tots, kids and teens’ activities, selfie stands and much more!
- The March: 13.30 – 16.00.
Right To Life UK – For the Unborn and for Pregnant Mothers
We join the Right To Life UK in August to pray for the unborn and for women who are pregnant with the following prayers each Sunday:
- 1st – “We pray for all unborn children diagnosed with disabilities, we pray for protection for them and their mothers from the pressures of society to have an abortion, and that they would instead experience overwhelming support by all who surround them. Lord hear us”
- 8th – “We pray for all women going through unexpected pregnancies, that they would experience peace and support in this circumstance, and recognise the many blessings that motherhood brings. Lord hear us”
- 15th – “Yesterday we celebrated the feast of St Maximilian Kolbe, patron saint of the pro-life movement. On this feast of the Assumption, we ask for his intercession, along with Our Lady’s, as we the church seek to support all pregnant mothers through their pregnancies, and that we would become models of support and charity to all in society. Lord hear us.”
- 22nd – “We pray for the families and friends of pregnant women. That they would recognise their responsibility to care for both the mother and child, and that they would shower them with love and support through the journey of pregnancy and beyond. Lord hear us”
- 29th – “We bring to mind the words from James in our second reading and his call to look after those in need. We pray that, as a church, we would improve how we look after those who are experiencing difficulty in their pregnancies and provide the care and support they need in welcoming their child to the world. Lord hear us”