The Scripture Group
The Parish Scripture Group restarts on Tuesday 3 October 2023, at 7.45 p.m. in the Frassati Centre – please arrive promptly! We will be starting to read the Book of the Apocalypse (‘Revelation’). Contact email@example.com for more information.
A Letter for Safeguarding Sunday from Bishop Patrick 14th May 2023
Fundraising Buffet at the Chef & Spice: an excellent social event which raised £1250 for the parish. Thank you to everyone who attended and donated and the organisers.
- Advent Market: it was great to have our first market since Covid. A brilliant time was had and over £2000 was raised. Thanks to all the organisers, helpers and spenders.
The lay Dominicans normally meet on 2nd Saturday of the month between 11am and 3pm in St Clement’s hall at the Frassati centre and attend the 12.30 mass. Chapter prayers are said in Lady chapel. Ask one of the friars if you want to know more.
Children’s Liturgy for those aged 3-6- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Our weekly ‘Catechisis of the Good Shepherd’ sessions on Sundays are run by Ellie Calderon. Each week at 10am parents/carers will need to drop their child (ren) off via the main parish hall entrance where they will be guided by the catechist’s to the children’s Atrium. At the end of the session parents/carers will need to collect their child(ren) at 11am during the offertory where they will re-join the mass until the end. If your child(ren) is aged between 3-6 and you would like them to take part in these sessions please email Ellie Calderon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! Ellie Calderon
Please read the Diocesan Support and Prayer for Ukraine from Bishop Patrick. We are still taking donations.
For church opening times for Mass and livestream schedule on HolyCrossTV Leicester, please see side bar.
From the Office
- Rosary prayer group is being held every other Thursday at 10:30am in St Clements Hall. Families are welcome. For more information and to confirm attendance contact Ellie on 07961297228.
- Please see the Statement on Marriage from the Diocese by Bishop Patrick McKinney.
From the Bursar
- Ukrainian Appeal: We are continuing to collect money to buy food and medicine, and to provide transport to help people in Ukraine. So far well over £3,000 has been sent to our sisters and priests who work all over Ukraine. Many thanks!
Catholic Students at Uni of Leicester (UoL) & De Montfort Uni (DMU)
- If new, please fill in the student forms at the New Walk door of the church