The Scripture Group
The parish scripture group will be meeting live every Tuesday evening in the Frassati centre at 7.45pm. Tea and coffee will be served. We will be reading the Letter of Saint James. New members are always welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Children’s Liturgy for those aged 3-6- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Our weekly ‘Catechisis of the Good Shepherd’ sessions run by Ellie Calderon will be starting on Sunday 11th September at 10am. Each week at 10am parents/carers will need to drop their child (ren) off via the main parish hall entrance where they will be guided by the catechist’s to the children’s Atrium. At the end of the session parents/carers will need to collect their child(ren) at 11am during the offertory where they will re-join the mass until the end. If your child(ren) is aged between 3-6 and you would like them to take part in these sessions please email Ellie Calderon by Sun 28th August to sign up at email@example.com. Thanks! Ellie Calderon
We are sad to announce that Fr. Luke will be leaving the parish in early August to undertake further studies in Belgium. We thank him for everything he has done for parish over the last few years and wish him the very best in his new venture.
- Feast day for St. Dominic: Sunday 7th August.
- Advent Market: Sunday 20th November: 8:45 onwards.
The NHS are in need of more blood donors. Follow his link to find out more.
Please read the Diocesan Support and Prayer for Ukraine from Bishop Patrick. We are still taking donations.
From the Office:
- The Scripture Group has finished reading the Letter to the Hebrews and will reconvene in September. Previous study meeting audio recordings are available here. If you would like to know more about the Group or have suggestions for future study, please e-mail Fr Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosary prayer group is being held every other Thursday at 10:30am in St Clements Hall. Families are welcome. For more information and to confirm attendance contact Ellie on 07961297228.
- Please see the Statement on Marriage from the Diocese by Bishop Patrick McKinney.
From the Bursar
- Parish Accounts October 2020 – September 2021
- Ukrainian Appeal: We are continuing to collect money to buy food and medicine, and to provide transport to help people in Ukraine. So far well over £3,000 has been sent to our sisters and priests who work all over Ukraine. Many thanks!
Catholic Students at Uni of Leicester (UoL) & De Montfort Uni (DMU)
- If new, please fill in the student forms at the New Walk door of the church
Do something amazing today – Give Blood!
There are currently low fill rates of blood donations at the Leicester Donor Centre. Do something amazing. Support your NHS by giving blood! Twitter: @GiveBloodNHS; Facebook: givebloodnhs; Visit www.blood.co.uk for more.
Church Heating Update
We are now estimating the cost of the new boilers for the church heating system will initially be lower, in the region of £40,000 but at some point we will need new ceiling fans too.
Bookings are now open for the Nottingham Diocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage – under the leadership of Bishop Patrick, from Mon. 4th until Fri. 8th July. See full details on https://www.tangney-tours.com/nottingham, or contact Father Simon Gillespie (email@example.com).
- Holy Cross School will be in need of at least 2 new Foundation Governors for the beginning of the next academic year in August 2022. See more in Advert if interested.