Keeping Each Other Safe
Due to the fast spread of the new variant of the covid-19 virus, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales (CBCEW) have asked parishes to keep the Mass as brief as possible and are reminding us that people should not talk either inside the church or outside with people outside their bubble. So please do go home right after Mass.
Our parish organist, Mr Tom Keogh will be giving a livestream organ concert on Sunday 31st of January at 1.15pm. There will be a further concert on Sunday 14th February at the same time and again on 14th March. Contributions for Tom’s expenses can be sent to him in a cheque made out to him c/o HC priory.
For church opening times for Mass and livestream schedule on HolyCrossTV Leicester, please see side bar
From the Office:
- Professor Boylan on the musical history of Holy Cross (Published in the Leicestershire Historian – and here with the author’s permission)
- Scripture Study group holds every Tuesday from 7.45pm to 8.45pm, led by Fr Richard Ounsworth OP. On Tuesday 26th January 2021, the group will be looking at Isaiah chapter 40!
- 29th World Day of Prayer for the Sick – 11 February 2021: Please see message from the Pope here.
- The Prophecy of the Gospel for the life of all is an online event by the Catholic Biblical Federation on January 22 2021. See poster for more.
- Lay Chaplain Vacancy at the University Hospitals of Leicester open till sufficient number of applications are received.
- 2021 – Year of St. Joseph, see more here
- Respond to Department of Health consultation to stop home abortions! The consultation ends on 26 February 2021.
- Upcoming events at the Aquinas Institute, Blackfriars, Oxford
- Bishop Robert Barron reflects on 2020
Please donate to our Broken Windows Appeal.
Catholic Students at Uni of Leicester (UoL) & De Montfort Uni (DMU)
- Please send your contacts to the Prior Fr John Patrick Kenrick
- Students usually attend the 7pm Sunday Mass
- Weekday Mass on campus will depend on Covid-19 regulations
Covid-19 NHS Test and Trace form:
Please note that you only have to fill this in once, on the first time you come to Mass. As you enter the church, you sanitise your hand and sign the register (if you have previously filled the Covid-19 form).
The repository is now in the back porch.