Priory Roof Campaign
Please click here to donate and support the Priory Roof replacement.
World Day of Prayer for Migrants and Refugees – 26th September 2021
The 107th World Day of Migrants and Refugees (WDMR), will be celebrated on 26th September 2021. The theme chosen for this year is “Towards an ever wider we,” which is a major theme of Pope Francis in both Fratelli Tutti and the Declaration on Human Fraternity. Further information will be provided closer to the date.
Do something amazing today – Give Blood!
There are currently low fill rates of blood donations at the Leicester Donor Centre. Do something amazing. Support your NHS by giving blood! Twitter: @GiveBloodNHS; Facebook: givebloodnhs; Visit www.blood.co.uk for more.
Learn what is wrong with assisted suicide from two leading experts
Two experts, Baroness Ilora Finlay and Robert Preston, each give a short input and respond to questions on the subject of ‘Assisted Suicide‘. Bishop John Sherrington, lead Bishop on Life issues, also offers some reflections. This webinar went out live on Monday 12 July 2021 and is now available on the Bishops’ Conference website
Talks about Medjugorje by Fr Leon Pereira OP
From the Office:
- Scripture Study is now on a break till September 2021. Previous study meeting audio recordings are available here.
- Covid-19 Vaccine: The Catholic Bishops of England and Wales urge you to get the vaccine when it is your turn. NHS England has produced videos of clinicians speaking in different languages to help ensure messages about the importance of getting a COVID-19 vaccine are clear for all, especially useful if someone in your family speaks a different language.
- Professor Boylan on the musical history of Holy Cross (Published in the Leicestershire Historian – and here with the author’s permission)
- 2021 – Year of St. Joseph, see more here
Catholic Students at Uni of Leicester (UoL) & De Montfort Uni (DMU)
- Please send your contacts to the Prior Fr John Patrick Kenrick
- Students usually attend the 7pm Sunday Mass
- Weekday Mass on campus will depend on Covid-19 regulations