Catholic Students at University of Leicester and De Montfort University
Welcome back to Leicester and the new academic year. A special welcome to our first year and international students. Please send your contacts to Fr JP at email@example.com. Students usually attend the 7pm Sunday Mass; weekday Mass on campus will depend on Covid-19 regulations.
Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross!
We will be celebrating our patronal feast this Sunday 13th September 2020, all are welcome!
From the Office:
- For church opening times for Mass and Confession and livestream schedule, please see side bar
- Confessions are now on Saturday mornings from 11am to midday. Please prepare before coming to church for confession.
- The 12.30 mass on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays will now be open to the public.
- We need people to volunteer to be stewards at mass helping us to keep a safe distance and remind us if you are a reader or eucharistic minister. Please give your name to one of the priests if you can help.
- A big thank you to those who contributed to our appeal for a better livestreaming system. We have now raised a total of £4,600 if you include gift aid – which should be sufficient.
- When you come to church, if you have previously filled in an NHS form, you don’t have to fill one in again. Just write your name and telephone number in the register by the entrance. Thank you for being so patient with the regulations.
- Scripture Study holds every Tuesday, led by Fr Richard Ounsworth OP
Virtual Pilgrimage of Reparation and Prayer for the Sanctity of Life
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham will be hosting a ‘virtual’ pilgrimage to Walsingham on Sunday 27th September 2020, available via Walsingham Catholic TV or the Basilica live stream. Devotions will be streamed throughout the day, beginning with the Mass at 12.00. Full details are available on the website, including the programme for the day.
A moment with Mary:
The Leicestershire active Catholic youth will be having a moment with Mary on Saturday 4th October 2020 at 4pm via zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom ID and password to join.
November Mass List:
November is not far away! Please remember to fill in the November dead list envelopes in the church repository if you would like a Mass said or you can send a donation with details of Mass to be said via post.
Organ Recital resumes!
The next Lunchtime Organ Recital comes up on Wednesday 16th September 2020 at 1.15pm in the church, given by Thomas Keogh. Admission is free and there will be a retiring collection.
Covid-19 NHS Test and Trace form:
Please note that you only have to fill this in once, on the first time you come to Mass. From Saturday 29th August 2020, as you enter the church, you sanitise your hand and sign the register (if you have previously filled the Covid-19 form).
Repository Summer Sale!
All items reduced by 50% and all cards reduced to 50p! The repository is now in the back porch. If there is something you need not on display please ask – it may be in our store cupboard.